Making sense of the bright minds that shaped Surrealism, NGV curators and special guests guide you through an accessible study of the movement and its ongoing influence on contemporary art and today’s visual culture.
- Introductory knowledge of the history and evolution of Surrealism
- Awareness of key Surrealist artists and related works in the NGV Collection
- Insights into the life of Salvador Dalí and the making of the painting Trilogy of the desert: Mirage, 1946
- Skills in visual description and interpretation of Surrealist art
- Understanding of the influence of Surrealism on contemporary culture
Please note this is not an accredited course.