Thinking caps on! Young Philosophers is a fun and challenging experience using works in the NGV Collection to inspire creative and critical thinking. Learn about the philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein, explore artworks that challenge traditional definitions of art and create your own mini-folio of ideas.
- Use thinking and questioning tools to practice critical and creative thinking – including Artful Thinking routines from Harvard University’s Project Zero.
- Discuss big ideas using art in the NGV Collection as a provocation.
- Listen and respond to comments and views constructively and thoughtfully.
- Experiment with philosophical ideas through writing, drawing and pictorial models.
- Document and present a virtual mini-folio of ideas
This program is part of Creative Catalyst, a program for high ability students attending Victorian Government schools.