Thinking caps on! Young Philosophers is a fun and challenging experience using works in the NGV Collection to inspire creative and critical thinking. Emotions are at the core of the human experience. Meet philosophers who have examined raw human emotions like love and anger, discover artists that question what is means to ‘feel’ through their work and create a mini-folio of your own ideas.
- Use thinking and questioning tools to practice critical and creative thinking – including Artful Thinking routines from Harvard University’s Project Zero.
- Discuss big ideas using art in the NGV Collection as a provocation.
- Listen and respond to comments and views constructively and thoughtfully.
- Experiment with philosophical ideas through writing, drawing and pictorial models.
- Document and present a virtual mini-folio of ideas
This program is part of Creative Catalyst, a program for high ability students attending Victorian Government schools.