Thinking caps on! Young Philosophers is a fun and challenging experience using works in the NGV Collection to inspire creative and critical thinking. Love, sadness, anger: emotions are at the core of our experiences as humans. Meet philosophers who have examined raw human emotions, discover artists that question what it means to ‘feel’ and create a mini-folio of your own ideas.
- Use thinking and questioning tools including Artful Thinking routines from Harvard University’s Project Zero.
- Discuss big ideas using art in the NGV Collection as a provocation.
- Listen and respond to comments and views constructively and thoughtfully.
- Experiment with philosophical ideas through writing, drawing and pictorial models.
- Document and present a virtual mini-folio of ideas
This program is part of Creative Catalyst, a program for high ability students attending Victorian Government schools.