Thinking caps on! Young Philosophers is a fun and challenging experience using works in the NGV Collection to inspire creative and critical thinking. Meet the Ancient Greek philosophers that have endeavoured to answer perennial questions about the world around us, discover artists whose work inspires thinking about what it means to be human and create a mini-folio of your own ideas.
- Use thinking and questioning tools to practice critical and creative thinking – including Artful Thinking routines from Harvard University’s Project Zero.
- Discuss big ideas using art in the NGV Collection as a provocation.
- Listen and respond to comments and views constructively and thoughtfully.
- Experiment with philosophical ideas through writing, drawing and pictorial models.
- Document and present a virtual mini-folio of ideas
This program is part of Creative Catalyst, a program for high ability students attending Victorian Government schools.