Keep your teaching current and connected. The Industry Connections for teachers series provides a forum to meet artists, designers and other arts industry professionals and leaders. Learn about their practice and careers and gain insight into the diverse roles and opportunities in creative industries through informal discussion and illustrated presentations.
Melbourne artist Tyrone Wright, known as Rone, began his art career as a member of Everfresh crew in the early 2000s. Today, he is a well-known figure in the contemporary international street art scene with his work featuring on walls in Berlin, Miami, London and Cuba. Rone’s work includes large-scale installation projects including a multi–sensory installation, Empire which spread throughout the deserted Burnham Beeches in the Dandenong Ranges. These days, Rone’s work is also found in galleries, including four works in the NGV Collection.
- identify critical and creative thinking in individual art and design practices
- generate examples of various components of the art process (exploration, experimentation, development, refinement and resolution)
- connect with an artist, designer, other arts industry professional or leader and discuss their practice and career
- recognise the diverse roles and opportunities in the creative industries
- build professional capacity to provide ideas, inspiration, practical ideas and contemporary professional practice within learning communities
Duration: 60 mins