Level 10 & VCE
Thu 20 & Fri 21 Jan 2022, 9.30am – 4pm
Step into the world of fashion in a two-day fashion intensive program at the NGV. Share ideas, gain inspiration for folios, learn some new study tips and spend time getting creative with like-minded peers. Inspired by the NGV’s Collection and major summer exhibition, Gabrielle Chanel. Fashion Manifesto, this program features:
- An introductory talk by NGV Curator of Fashion and Textiles, Danielle Whitfield, followed by a viewing of Gabrielle Chanel. Fashion Manifesto
- An exclusive workshop with Melbourne-based fashion illustrator, Angie Réhe
- A Q&A industry connections session with Lecturer of Fashion (RMIT School of Fashion and Textiles), Chantal Kirby, and Senior Manager, Partnerships & Industry Engagement (RMIT College of Design & Social Context), Kiri Delly
- NGV Educator–led gallery blitz sessions, behind the scenes tour and a hands-on workshop with a focus on applying design thinking and practice.
About Angie Réhe
Angie Réhe is a Melbourne-based fashion illustrator and educator whose work celebrates her love of both art and fashion. Her fresh, chic and timeless work has been sought by clients including Vogue, Elle, Harpers Bazaar, L’Officiel, Jimmy Choo, amongst others. She runs her own boutique-style fashion illustration classes as well as guest workshops & masterclasses for art galleries around Australia.
All materials supplied.
Cost: $150 per student (both days) or $80 (single day)
- Analyse, interpret and discuss NGV exhibitions, artworks and artistic practices from different cultural, historical and contemporary contexts.
- Identify and discuss the practices, materiality, techniques, technologies and processes of local and international designers.
- Conceptualise, design and create works of art and design, which express meaning and ideas connected to NGV exhibitions and workshops.
- Manipulate materials, techniques and processes to create two-dimensional and three-dimensional works.
- Develop a personal style and take inspiration for your own art and design practice.