Keith Haring | Jean-Michel Basquiat
These resources have been designed to support school and gallery based learning for the exhibition Keith Haring | Jean-Michel Basquiat: Crossing Lines.
- Analyse and interpret themes, concepts and ideas in Haring and Basquiat’s work and discuss how they are expressed.
- Identify and discuss important influences on Haring and Basquiat’s personal style and choices in art making.
- Explore how Haring and Basquiat use materials, techniques, technologies and processes to realise their intentions in their artworks.
- Identify and connect specific features of Haring and Basquiat’s work to a wider historical, cultural and social context.
- Compare and contrast the work of Haring and Basquiat and explore the parallels in their lives.
Keith Haring | Jean-Michel Basquiat - Teacher Resource
This powerpoint presentation introduces Keith Haring and Jean-Michel Basquiat and highlights key themes from the exhibition. It includes teacher notes and discussion prompts for students.
Artist Notebook – Student Resource
Follow this self-guided student activity through the exhibition and explore the techniques Keith Haring and Jean-Michel Basquiat used to create art. Free printed copies are available to pick up from the Schools Entrance to NGV International.